Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Applique is A-OK

...for the 5 and under crowd anyway. After that, it takes a certain amount of finesse to be able to pull it off.

I found this adorable turkey applique here and had a few spare minutes today (what? that should read: I put the baby in her bouncy chair, bounced her with one foot, sewed with the other, all whilst the older two watched some movie about dinosaurs) and thought that I'd give it a try for a turkey themed playdate we're invited to tomorrow. It was easy peasy to make and everything came out of the ol' scrap bag. Well, except for the rhinestone eyes. A girl's gotta have a little bling.

Gobble, gobble. Oops. He doesn't have any feet. I guess he's not free range!
And I think they go delightfully with these baby shoes I made awhile back.

No comments:

Post a Comment