Thursday, December 1, 2011

Oh no she didn't.

The baby really likes to help. Unfortunately, her help is...less than stellar most days.

For instance, often when I am in the kitchen and she is happily destroying the living room, she will overhear me open the dishwasher and come running. After several attempts to touch the knives and repeatedly banging the dishwasher door into my shins, I will give her a sippy cup to put in "her" cupboard (a small stand-alone bakers' table with all the baby crap in it). She will scamper off and return with several more cups from the aforementioned cupboard. I take most away and she scampers away again only to return with a JAR OF GLITTER. She clearly does clearly not understand "being helpful."

Another for instance, when I am vacuuming, she will pick up an object, like string or cookie crumb, and wait until I'm done vacuuming and then throw it on the floor. Hmmm. I'm starting to feel like she knows what she's doing.

Today, I was attempting to workout and work off those last few baby pounds. Like, those last 20 or so. Boo was supposed to be taking a nap. Instead she screamed and threw herself about until I was forced to go and get her. She played nicely for a few minutes, cruising around on her walker-come-scooting toy, until she scooted over to me, stood up and squeezed my belly fat.

Nicely played, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment