Thursday, March 3, 2011

Money poor...

...but talent rich?

I wasn't sure where to go with this post, but my husband and I have been doing a lot of home updates that are somewhat aesthetic, somewhat costly, and mostly necessary (depending on who you ask). A recent update included sanding and resurfacing the dining room table. We are mostly able to save on the costly part because We are so handy. See how the "We" is capitalized? My husband may or may not have been a carpenter for the last 13 years or so, but I am a really good supervisor!

The table is a hand-me-down of a hand-me-down. I'm pretty sure my parents received it in lieu of a payment many, many moons ago. Back when flint stones were needed to light fires. Anyhoo, any finish that the top table surface might have at one point had was worn to the bone and after every meal (or "washable" marker mishap) I was forced to scrub, scrub, scrub the table. Well, begone table elbow! Welcome my New To Me Table.
Et voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment