Monday, January 9, 2012

How YOU Doin'?

Could you hear me talking like Joey in the title? How you doin'? Because you looking fly after one week on the Kendra lifestyle change.

I got on the scale this morning (butt naked, after pooping, and prior to eating) and I had lost (drum roll please........) one pound. Mother f@#$er. I was hoping for some sort of Biggest Loser miracle where I lose 9 pounds in a week. Doesn't that piss you off when those people are like, "Oh. 9 pounds. I was hoping for 15." Really? Really. I would have to cut off an arm to lose 15 pounds. Nevertheless, I am familiar with my body and its inability to lose weight quickly, which is why I took those baseline measurements. I whipped out my trusty measuring tape and here are my results:



Starting
Week One
Right arm
12
11.5
Left arm
12
11.5
Waist
29
28
Hips
41
39.5
Left thigh
24
23.5
Right thigh
24
23.5

So, overall I've lost 4.5 inches. Not too shabby. Don't have a measuring tape you say? Why, no problem. Print out this one. http://www.mytruefit.com/img/File/Printable_Measuring_Tape_5.pdf

What's the plan for week two?

  • Continue eating healthy and recording your food on the printable sheets available here. Make sure you write everything down. No cheating.  
  • If you have problems with portion control try measuring your food. Is it inconvenient? Yes. Does it work? Yes. It doesn't take very long measuring your food out before you get the feel for what a 1/2 cup of rice looks like (or 1/2 c of ice cream).
  • Continue exercising. If you haven't been exercising, you're a big ol' slacker. Just kidding. Try to add in some exercise. I've been pumpin' it to some sweet Turbo Jam in my living room at naptime or running on my badass 1980s treadmill that has two speeds; slow and oh my god.
  • I'm going to be adding this weight loss drink that Dr. Oz mentioned on his show and has subsequently been pinned and repinned on pinterest. (no pinterest?  WTF? Are you living in the dark ages? Leave me your email, and I'll totally send you an invite. Here's the recipe.
    It's basically green tea, tangerines, and mint. It sounds delicious and maybe it will replace my eight fizzy waters a day habit. But probably not. I love me some fizzy water.
And as a special Thank you for following along, I've made you all your own hot body motivation poster. Just print it out and add your own beautiful little face in the circle. My sister put hers on her refrigerator, but you can do whatever with it. Just don't sell it or something because I don't know who that chick is, but I don't want to meet her in a dark alley. She looks like she could totally kick my ass. Although, I am a bit of a scrapper.

No comments:

Post a Comment