Monday, January 2, 2012

Come on ride the train

It's a new year and everyone is coming up with resolutions. I'm no different; there are literally thousands of things I'd like to change about myself and my life this year. Wow, that sounds bad. I'm not horrible and my self esteem isn't totally for crap, but lately I've found myself feeling...blah. So my goal this year is to be inspired.

Every month I am going to focus on a different aspect of my life that I'd like to change by focusing on something or someone that inspires me. Hopefully, whatever I've worked on the previous month will stick with me and at the end of the year, I'll be ringing in a 2013 with a whole new rockin' self.

Let's get started, shall we? And when I say, "we" I mean "I." Although if you want to join me on this little voyage of self-discovery and improvement, hop on board the train.

This month, I am going to take my inspiration from a friend of mine, Kendra Z. Kendra is an amazing woman who, a little over a year ago, decided to make a change. She was 221 pounds, unhealthy and unhappy. She began her fitness journey with baby steps; running for one minute on the treadmill, then two, then three, and so on and so forth until she completed her first 5k. And then a 10k, and a 15k, a half marathon, and finally a marathon! This year, she is training to participate in her first triathlon and half Ironman. She is rockin' her hot new size 6 body and inspiring those around her every day, including me.

And did I mention she gets up and does that shit at like 5:00 in the morning? That's ridiculous. inspiring. Kendra makes time for Kendra, something that I always have a hard time with. I let kids and cleaning (and maybe Facebook) get in my way too often.

So Kendra, this month I am going to try like hell to be more like you. Take/make the time that I need, ask for support, and live clean. Baby steps, right? Today I worked out in my living room (one point for me) and ate an awesome breakfast and lunch (yes! two points). I did eat some chex mix for a snack (damn New Year's Eve food still hanging around. Minus one point), but only half a cup.

OMG. I don't even want to finish this post because I'm going to include a before picture for extra motivation. Look away. Avert your eyes. Hide the children.
Le sigh.
The red marks on my stomach are from me scratching myself. I get itchy when I exercise.
It's like I'm allergic to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment